Why is Bing showing up in Chrome?
One possible reason is that you might have recently installed a free software program from the internet. This might have come with a pre-checked option to set Bing as your default search engine. Another reason for this can be that a malicious extension or application may have changed your Chrome browser's settings.
How do I stop Bing from opening in Chrome?
If your phone's Chrome browser defaults to using the Bing search engine, you can reset it here as well.
- Start the Chrome browser app on your phone and tap the three-dot menu.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Settings.
- Tap Search Engine and choose a different option, like Google or DuckDuckGo.
- Tap Done.
How do I stop Bing from hijacking my browser?
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to Chrome > Preferences > Extensions.
- Look for Bing Redirect extension, then click the Uninstall button.
How do I stop Bing from popping up?
Luckily Bing is really easy to disable, and you'll just need to get to the Cortana search settings screen — the easiest way to do this is to type “cortana settings” into the Start Menu and choose the “Cortana & Search settings” item.